June 29th 2015
Experimentation & Beauty From the Menswear Runways
From candy floss headpieces to over exaggerated eyebrows, we look at some of the ways designers have experimented with beautification during last week’s Spring Summer 2016 runway shows.
1. Julien David’s sheer veils emblazoned with fluid line drawings of facial features.
2. Haider Ackermann’s exaggerated bushy brows that were amplified with bold, hairlike strokes.
3. Rick Owens’ cotton-candy-like hair/heapieces.
4. Raf Simons face-obscuring, monastic hoods.
5. Yohji Yamamoto introduced parallel lines of red, yellow, blue, and black slashed over models’ eyes, lips, and cheeks.